Saturday, August 31, 2013

Chevron Scarf Pattern

A reader requested the pattern for the chevron scarf that I'm still working on


So here it is

Materials
Size G or H crochet hook (the H hook will make a looser and wider scarf)
worsted weight yarn
Yarn needle

Pattern

Ch 38

Row 1: Dc in 4th ch from hook. Dc in next 7 chs. Skip next 2 chs, dc in next 7 chs. (dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch, dc in next 7 chs. Skip next 2 chains, dc in next 7 chs, 2 dc in last ch. Turn.

Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as a dc). Dc in first st. Dc in next 7 sts, skip 2 sts, dc in next 7 sts, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next st (which will be the ch 1 sp), dc in next 7 sts, skip 2 sts, dc in next 7 sts. 2 dc in last st (which is the ch 3 from the previous row) Turn. 

Repeat row 2 until you reach desired length for scarf.

Weave all ends.


My progress so far... you can add as many colors and rows as you would like.


Here's another colorful WIP...it's a stripey bag for the craft fair


Have a great weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is so pretty! Looking for Christmas presents already, this would be awesome :D

    Cathy
    http://www.whiskshooksandbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the instructions. Linda@Wetcreek Blog
    www.wetcreek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice :-) Thanks for sharing your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Liz, looks like it will be perfect for Fall.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely indeed. It will come in handy very soon. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh that's lovely thank you so much for the pattern, I love chevrons but haven't worked them before but will certainly try now :o)

    Peg x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love the rainbow coloured basket. Beautiful work. Good luck with the craft fair x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful..... Thanks for sharing the pattern...

    Love,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. great !
    Greetings from Poland :)
    Katarzyna


    www.sajuki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the colours you have used :) A really cool idea for a scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty! I'm working on a chevron type of shawl (actually adapted from Drops Ripple Shawl and ooohhh, what IS her name?? O! Dartfrog on Ravelry's "Acid Rain" shawl). I'm crocheting in bso to get those lovely ridges! I'm using my Grandmother's Chevron Afghans color scheme for it. She made afghans of all kinds for everyone in the family ( big family too!) But only made one for herself. She had always wanted a pink bedroom, so she got a frilly pink bedspread and crocheted a gorgeous pink and white Chevron afghan that she kept on her bed. When she turned 80, my mom bought her a pink teddy bear for her bed. She had never had a teddy bear before, but had always wanted one. She was so happy she cried when she got it, and I thought that it was wonderful that she finally had a teddy bear! Her afghan was passed to me when she died, and I treasure it! The chevron design always takes me back to memories of a very special lady, my grandma. Love the scarf so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tutorial, thank you! I'm working on a black and white chevron scarf using this tutorial right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice pattern, thanks. How wide is the scarf as shown?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love scarf patterns like this. They are such a great stash buster!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How long did you end up making this scarf and how many rows did you use? I'm looking for a good pattern for a temperature scarf (or a few).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing this pattern and instructions. I just finished my scarf and it turned out beautifully!I used charcoal gray,fuchsia and white.

    ReplyDelete